Red beet soup with a difference, enjoy it with an exotic touch!
- 400g red beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (about 5 cm)
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 untreated organic orange
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable broth
- 1 litre of homemade coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- finely chopped herbs according to personal preference (for example parsley, chives, oregano, dill, basil)
- fresh basil to use as a garnish
- Peel the red beets and cut them into small pieces of approximately 2 cm.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Peel the ginger and garlic cloves and cut into thin slices.
- Wash the orange with hot water and dry it. Grate half of the orange peel thinly and squeeze out the juice of the whole fruit.
- Add all of the ingredients into the jug. Fill it up with coconut milk to the maximum mark.
- Select program 2 and start.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Tips: You can also add 100g of potatoes to make the soup creamier. Another option would be to use program 4.