- 250g fine organic oats
- 300ml boiling water
- 20g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar
- 350ml lukewarm homemade soy milk with the AND SOY blender
- 400g spelt flour (Type 700)
- 100g spelt wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caraway
If you prepare the dough in the evening and put it in the refrigerator overnight, you will have freshly baked buns almost faster than you can walk to a bakery the next morning.
- Pour the oats into boiling water and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the yeast with sugar in soy milk and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Then mix the oats and soy milk with the flour, salt and cumin and knead the mixture until the dough formed is supple and comes loose from the edges of the bowl.
- Form the dough into a ball, cover it and let it rest in a warm place for about 45 minutes. Repeat the knead and form balls. Place these balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let them rest for an additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle with water.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 220ºC for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180ºC and bake for another 12-15 minutes until the buns are beautifully golden brown.