Almost everyone eats toast from time to time. With this recipe you bake a simple, fast and healthy toast bread. It tastes much better than bread from the supermarket.
- 500g flour mix of your choice (I have used buckwheat wholemeal, spelt wholemeal and fine spelt flour, you can also use a gluten-free flour mixture)
- 1 packet of dry yeast or 1/2 cube of fresh yeast
- 15g honey (or other sweetener)
- 10g salt
- 30g oil
- 450ml lukewarm homemade soy milk or another plant-based milk prepared with the AND SOY cooking blender.
- Instead of using a baking tin you can bake the toast bread in glass. When baking in glass, the glass may only be filled with dough up to the halfway mark. No lid is required, just bake it in an open jar.
- You can also prepare the dough and leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning you will be able to bake fresh toast bread in no time.
- Similarly, you can slice up the loaf of bread and freeze it, so you always have fresh toast at home. You just have to place it in the toaster to get that final browning touch.
- There are hardly any limits when it comes spreads. Suitable are dips and spreads of all kinds, fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, and much more. Quick to prepare, they are ideal as a snack in between, a small lunch break, light dinner or as a party snack.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and knead for 10-15 minutes to a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and leave in a warm place for approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°C top/bottom heat.
- Place the dough into a greased tin. Smooth it out. Bake for 15 minutes at 220°C and again for 15 – 20 minutes at 200°C.
- The dough should be golden brown. Please note that each oven bakes differently and therefore times may vary.
- After baking, immediately remove the toast bread from the baking tin and allow it to cool.