In the past, lentils were considered to be “poor people food”, because they are long-lasting, quite filling and inexpensive. But those days, when lentils were limited to the above mentioned benefits, are long gone. Lentils are extremely nutritious and healthy and have therefore gained popularity, especially among health-conscious people.
Lentils are high in protein and fiber and also contain many complex carbohydrates. Due to their high fiber content, lentils have a low glycemic index (Glyx). This means that they only permit the blood sugar level to rise slowly and therefore instigate a low insulin secretion. The fibers also provide a long-lasting satiety, a good digestion and they support the immune system, by absorbing and excreting toxins from the intestine.
- 2 German turnips (Kohlrabi)
- 1 cup of mountain lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp of AND SOY grated organic coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (about 5 cm)
- 1/2 tsp caraway
- 1 tsp coriander
- Dice the turnips, peeled onion, garlic cloves and ginger.
- Wash the lentils.
- Add all of the ingredients to the AND SOY blender. Fill it up with cold water to the maximum mark.
- Select program 2 and start. 30 minutes later, this hearty, low-fat and wholesome soup is ready!