- 2 cups of round grain rice
- 100g carrots
- 50g chicken meat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp salt
Other ingredients for garnishing:
- 150g brown mushrooms
- ½ Swiss chard
- 2 spring onions
- ½ pomegranate
- 1 lime
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 chili peppers
- 1-2 tsp Sambal Oelek (optional)
- Wash the rice.
- Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes. Wash and chop the chicken.
- Place everything into the jug. Fill it with cold water until in between both marks.
- Select program 3 and start.
- In the meantime, fry the chard and quartered mushrooms in some sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Soft boil the eggs and then peel.
- Core the pomegranate. Wash chili peppers and cut into thin slices. Cut the spring onions into thin slices.
- Serve the rice congee with sliced spring onions, chilli, pomegranate seeds, mushrooms, chard, lime, the soft boiled egg, sambal oelek and coriander.