I am often asked what else you can do with plant-based milks, other than using it for muesli or smoothies. Here’s a classic Austrian dish – dumplings!
- 250g breadcrumbs
- 150g spelt flour
- ¾L of AND SOY Soy Milk / Oat Milk / Rice Milk
- 1 onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pour the plant-based milk into a large bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the onion into small pieces and briefly fry in the pan with oil. Stir this together with the spices and parsley under the dumpling mixture and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Carefully add the spelt flour to the dumpling mixture and mix well.
- Make dumplings with your damp hands. Boil salted water in a saucepan and carefully place the dumplings in it.
- Lower the heat. When the dumplings are floating, leave them for an additional 15 minutes.
- Dumplings can be kept in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.