Red beet soup a different way, enjoy it with a touch of exoticism!
- 400g red beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (about 5 cm)
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 1 untreated organic orange
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable broth
- 1 litre of homemade coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Finely chopped herbs according to personal preference (for example parsley, chives, oregano, dill, basil)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Peel the red beets and cut into small pieces of about 2 cm.
- Peel onion and dice.
- Peel ginger and garlic cloves and cut into thin slices.
- Wash and dry the orange with hot water. Grate half of the orange peel thinly and squeeze out the juice of the whole fruit.
- Place all of the ingredients into the AND SOY pot. Fill it up with coconut milk until the maximum mark.
- Select program 2 and start.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- You could add 100g of potatoes for a creamier soup. You can also choose program 4.
- For a stronger and more dominant taste, you can use linseed oil instead of olive oil.